So flavorful, soft and light as air and topped with whipped cream, this peach cake makes the perfect summer treat. And it’s so incredibly easy to make and budget friendly 🙂
This peach cake is an amazing combo of soft and flaky sponge cake, juicy and flavorful peaches and whipped cream. It’s so refreshing!
A few tips about how to make the perfect sponge cake.
– Always use fresh, room temperature ingredients! Why room temperature ingredients? Because when at room temperature, certain ingredients like eggs, butter, and dairies form an emulsion which traps air. While baking in the oven, that trapped air expands and your cake will be soft and light as a feather.
– The magic formula for the perfect sponge cake is: sugar+flour=eggs (the quantity of sugar + the quantity of flour must be equal with the quantity of eggs). So, use a kitchen scale to measure the ingredients. I know, it’s much more easy with tablespoons and cups, but for precise measurements, you should use a kitchen scale
– Use a clean bowl and a clean mixer to beat the whites. Beat the whites until stiff peaks form
– Don’t use the mixer when incorporating the flour
– Don’t add baking powder. It’s not necessary. The cake will rise due to the well beaten whites.
– Bake the cake right after folding in the flour
– Don’t open the oven in the first 15 minutes
As regarding the fruits, if you don’t like peaches you may use your favorite summer fruits. Also you can prepare this delicious cake using frozen or canned fruits.
I think the best way to serve this peach cake is topped with whipped cream. A dollop of vanilla ice cream or a dust of sugar will work as well 🙂
You definitely have to try this peach cake! You’re going to love it!
You should also try:
Ingredients for easy peach cake ( for a 22 cm / 9 inches springform pan)
– 4 eggs
– 100 gr (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
– 100 gr (1 cup minus 3 tablespoons) flour, sifted
– a pinch of salt
– vanilla essence
– 3 peaches
– 200 ml (1 cup minus 2 tablespoons) heavy cream + 2-3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
– 1 peach
How to make easy peach cake
Preheat the oven to 170ºC (350ºF).
Line the bottom of the baking pan with parchment paper and butter the sides.
Separate the yolks from whites.
Place the whites into a mixing bowl. Add a pinch of salt. Mix on high speed until stiff peaks form.
Add the sugar in 2 steps and continue to mix until the sugar is completely dissolved. You should obtain a very firm and glossy meringue.
Add the vanilla essence and the egg yolks, one by one. Briefly mix after each one until incorporated
Gradually stir in the flour
Pour the prepared batter into the baking pan and level it with a spatula.
Top with sliced peaches.
Place the baking pan into the preheated oven and bake at 170ºC (350ºF). for about 25-30 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean).
Transfer to wire racks and allow to cool completely
Meanwhile place the heavy cream into a mixing bowl. Add 2-3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar and mix until fluffy.
Frost the cake and top with diced peaches.